- 1 Executive Assistant Resume to Land a First Job
- 2 Sample of Executive Assistant Resume
- 3 How to Write an Executive Assistant Resume
- 4 Is an Executive Assistant a Hard Job?
- 5 Can an Executive Assistant Become a CEO?
- 6 What Are the Skills of an Executive Assistant?
- 7 How Do I Sell Myself as an Executive Assistant?
- 7.1 Executive Assistant Resume with No Work Experience
- 7.2 Executive Assistant Resume Template Word
- 7.3 Executive Assistant Resume for College
- 7.4 Resume for Executive Assistant First Job
- 7.5 Executive Assistant Resume Sample
- 7.6 Executive Assistant Resume Example
- 7.7 Free Executive Assistant Resume Template
- 7.8 Download Template
Executive Assistant Resume to Land a First Job
Writing a resume is very challenging, especially for an executive assistant position. You have to evaluate your resume before submitting it. In this article, we will guide you to write a solid resume. We provide a sample of an executive assistant resume and useful tips that will be helpful for you.
Sample of Executive Assistant Resume
Now, let’s take a look at the following executive assistant resume sample closely:
01 Winfield Drive, Charleston, SC 55292
- An executive assistant with 9 years of job experience providing excellent administrative support to C-Suite Executives
- Organization: Adept at scheduling meetings, following up on action items, and preparing agendas
- Achievement: Increased efficiency by 35% by overhauling the filing system of the company
- Problem-solving: Have strong skills in quantitative problem-solving & prioritization
Executive Assistant, 2016 – present
XYZ Company, Fairfax, VA
- Manage & prioritize other schedules of our partners to ensure that their time is focused on critical issues
- Perform different accounting activities, like preparing check requests, purchase orders, expense reports, & invoices each week
- Coordinate communications, track & follow up on requests, as well as identify those that require immediate attention
- Ensure & maintain confidentiality of communications & documentation
Administrative Assistant, 2011 – 2016
Red Doors, Fairfax, VA
- Organized 5+ monthly meetings & their logistical elements (scheduled, prepared the facility, organized handouts, etc)
- Answered & screened phone calls courteously while taking messages with the high accuracy
- Handled all domestic & international travel reservations, cutting the travel expenses of the company by 15%
- Managed an active calendar of appointments, composed & prepared confidential correspondence, and filed expense reports
B.A. in History, 2011
The University of River Brook, Chicago, IL
A.A. in Computer Science, 2009
The University of River Brook, Chicago, IL
- Team leadership
- Organization & prioritization
- Wesite & technology savvy
- English & French
- Office Suite & Excel
Employee of the Month, February 2020
How to Write an Executive Assistant Resume
An executive assistant resume template contains a few sections. Here is how to write it step by step:
- At the top of the document, you have to write your personal information.
- To open your resume, you have to create a professional profile.
- After that, you should continue with your professional experience highlights.
- Then, your education must also be listed.
- At the end of the resume, you can include additional skills and other important strengths.
People also ask
Is an Executive Assistant a Hard Job?
Administrative professional, especially administrative assistants and office managers, but especially executive assistants, always work really hard. Unlike other positions, an executive assistant’s job is rarely from 9 to 5. However, it is as early as you can get in the office until as late as you need to stay.
Can an Executive Assistant Become a CEO?
Mostly, an executive assistant becomes the assistant to a higher level executive progressively. It doesn’t only mean moving up from CTO or CEO. However, that also means moving into a larger business progressively. As you move to a more prestigious business, you will get paid higher.
What Are the Skills of an Executive Assistant?
There are some required qualifications for an executive assistant such as professional discretion, great skills in written & verbal communication, attention to detail, well-developed skills in organization, excellent skills in time management, and ability to multitask & prioritize tasks.
How Do I Sell Myself as an Executive Assistant?
There are a few qualities you should demonstrate to a hiring manager through a resume. They include organization, professionalism, discretion, calmness, mutual respect, communication, flexibility, and personality.
Executive Assistant Resume with No Work Experience
This executive assistant resume example is useful and helpful for college students with no experience to be included. There are a few items to be displayed to improve your personal value. A fresh graduate can use this resume to ease him/her in getting the first job experience.
Executive Assistant Resume Template Word
This resume template is designed for an executive assistant position. This template can be edited easily. You can get & use this template and rearrange the information provided. You can certainly add more details to strengthen your personality and make your resume more impressive.
Executive Assistant Resume for College
This resume can be used by high school or college students whether they want to continue their studies or apply for jobs. It is easy to use this resume. What you just need to do is to tweak the information & add other necessary details required.
Resume for Executive Assistant First Job
This resume is appropriate for a fresh graduate or anyone else who is searching for a first job experience. You just need to follow the format & structure of this resume. Then, just feel free to keep writing your own qualifications professionally.
Executive Assistant Resume Sample
This is a common resume sample, designed for anyone who is interested in an executive assistant. You can apply this resume in different jobs because it is easy to customize. With this sample, you can save energy & time to arrange a solid resume for your desired job.
Executive Assistant Resume Example
This resume example is simple & versatile. Whatever the kind of resume you want to create; this example will inspire & guide you. You can apply this resume for different purposes such as going to a college, finding a new job, etc.
Free Executive Assistant Resume Template
If you need a free executive assistant resume template to be downloaded, this can be a good option for you. You don’t need to spend anything to get it. Besides easy to edit, this template is also 100% free to use. You can edit it using Ms. Office program simply.
Writing an executive assistant resume requires you to consider various factors. The most important thing is that you write a resume in a professional manner. That is why you need to follow the basic format seen in the sample above.