- 1 Event Planner Resume to Show Capabilities
- 2 Sample ofEvent Planner Resume
- 3 How to MakeEvent Planner Resume
- 4 What are the basic skills that an event planner needs to have?
- 5 What are the qualifications that a professional event planner needs to hand?
- 6 What are mistakes to avoid in writing a professional resume?
- 7 Kinds ofEvent Planner Resume Template
- 8 Event Planner Resume Sample
Event Planner Resume to Show Capabilities
If you have a high interest in an event, becoming a professional event planner is a good idea. Well, this job can be a great milestone in your career. However, before joining the company to be a professional planner, you need to know about the event-planner resume.
Well, as you know, the company will do some selections by the recruitment process to find a professional new event-planner. The resume here will be a document to highlight the contact information and the capabilities that you have.
Of course, a resume can be a way to make sure that you are capable to handle some responsibilities. Here, we will talk to you about the matters inside a good event planner resume that could be your reference to make yours.
Sample ofEvent Planner Resume
To ease you in writing a resume of an event planner, here we have a simple sample for you. Of course, by seeing this sample, you may know what to be written inside a resume.
New York, NY | (123) 188-3881 | Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
A high-dedicated and well-qualified event planner with more than 7 years of experience who manage kinds of catering and event opportunities with great focus. The goal is to ensure that the clients are satisfied with the excellent services.
The State of Green Valley University
June 1998 – July 2002
Left Side Entertainment Facility, Special Event Manager
July 2019 – current
- Prepared and promoted the different activities and services through the different medium, such as flyer, newsletter, and brochure
- Contact the local business, community organization, and individual to get more supports and participations
- Attend facility meeting as it is needed
- Develop innovative design ideas to find a more interesting result of decoration
Left Ocean Entertainment Center, Senior Special Event Manager
June 2015 – July 2019
- Handling the different catering, bars, and staffing
- Prepared the whole needs of the decoration
- List the facilities that are needed to create a special event
- Maximize the promotion by using the different medium
- Assisted in negotiating costs and the complete services
- Coordinate with the different staff, especially to manage the event space and decoration idea
- Good communication skills
- Customer services
- Public relations
- Time management
- Openness to learning new things
- Easy to accept critique
The sample as above can be another consideration when you want to make your professional resume. Of course, it could be another reference before you join the recruitment process.
How to MakeEvent Planner Resume
To make a good resume and become a new event planner, some points could be your guidance. Of course, by considering these points, writing a resume will be easier to be done and the result also will be better.
Some ways to make a good resume simply are:
- Find the right format of a professional resume
- Add the contact information
- Write an interesting headline
- Add the professional personal resume
- Detail the experience that you have
- List the relevant skills that relate to the job
- Add the information on education and other matters that are needed
What are the basic skills that an event planner needs to have?
To be a professional event planner, there are some skills that you need to have. The skills will influence the capabilities. The detailed skills to have are:
- Strong contract negotiator
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Time management
- Ability to work in hours
What are the qualifications that a professional event planner needs to hand?
To be a professional event planner, an individual needs to have some qualifications. The kinds of qualifications are:
- Diploma in event management
- Certificate in event planning
- Conference and event planning course
- Event management course
What are mistakes to avoid in writing a professional resume?
Some common mistakes that happen in writing a resume should be avoided. The mistakes are:
- Using the same format of resume for the different job application
- Writing too much text
- Using an unprofessional email address
- Being too ambiguous
- Unclear stated information
- Mistakes in spelling and grammar
Kinds ofEvent Planner Resume Template
To ease you in writing a professional event planner resume, there we have some templates that could be a good reference. Using a template will be useful since you could see the detailed arrangement of the information and how to edit it.
Some templates that could be a reference in writing a professional event planner are:
Corporate Event Planner Resume
Becoming a corporate event planner is a good thing. Well, there will be a huge of payment to get. However, to join the corporate, you need to follow the tight recruitment process. Here, this template can be a helper for you to write your perfect resume.
Wedding Event Planner Resume
Do you want to be a wedding event planner? Well, if this position is your dream, this simple event planner resume can be your reference. This document shows the detailed arrangement of the information to deliver clear personal information.
Party Event Planner Resume
Acting as a party event planner is very interesting to be tried. When you want to enjoy this position, here the template that could be your reference. By using this template, highlighting the personal information and capabilities will be easier.
Professional Event Planner Resume
Since a resume becomes a very essential document to be prepared during the recruitment process, this professional template can be applied as a perfect reference. This template is quite simple and it shows a clear arrangement of information that you need to add.
No Experience Event Planner Resume
It is doesn’t matter if you have no experience but want to be a new event planner. This event planner resume template could help you to reach your dream. By using this template, writing a resume will be quite easier and the result also will be better.
Well, that is all about the event planner resume that you need to know. Since it is an important document to be considered, make sure that you write it professionally. Hopefully, it will be useful for you all.
Event Planner Resume Sample