- 1 Drafter Resume to Land an Entry-level Job
- 2 Sample of Drafter Resume
- 3 How to Write a Drafter Resume
- 4 How Do You Make Your Drafting Resume Stand Out?
- 5 What Is Drafter Job Description?
- 6 What Skills Do You Need to Be a Drafter?
- 7 Are Drafters Happy?
- 8 Is Drafting a Dying Career?
- 9 Drafter Resume with No Work Experience
Drafter Resume to Land an Entry-level Job
Drafting is very challenging yet fun. If you are interested to be a drafter, you will pass a long journey. First of all, you have to create a drafter resume. This resume aims to demonstrate your education, skills, experience, and other strengths. Now, let’s discuss it further here!
Sample of Drafter Resume
Now, let’s pay attention to a drafter resume sample below:
Main Street, Texas, TX 55292
A highly focused & dedicated Design Drafter with a strong record of professional success and a detail-oriented approach. An Exceptional multi-taker, able to juggle a few projects simultaneously. An excellent & well-evaluated part-time drafting education at a local community college.
- Superior skills in written & oral communication
- Sound ability to calculate tolerances on assembled components
- Outstanding proficiency with Ms. Office apps including AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent knowledge of drafting standards like ASME and AWS ANSI
- High expertise in CAD drafting techniques
- Significant experience in the engineering drawing creation
- Strong proficiency in geometric dimensioning procedures
Design Drafter, August 2017 – present
JJ Group, Inc., Texas, TX
- Develop detailed engineering drawings that represent assemblies & parts
- Create hydraulic pneumatic & electric schematics
- Develop orthographic auxiliary & sectional part views
- Maintain and monitor ECN & Drafting logs
- Collaborate on a new component design with Design Engineers to meet the requirements of the customers
- Create field survey reports from field inspections
Design Drafter, September 2013 – May 2017
ABC Solutions – Texas, TX
- Completed & submitted ECN & ECR documents by or well before deadlines
- Provided assembly floor support in phase
- Prepared drafting schedules in consultation with the design team
- Improved the procedures of design documentation in collaboration with supervisors
- Utilized a unit layout to prepare 3D & 2D drawings
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 2013
Texas University – Texas, TX
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 2011
Texas University – Texas, TX
How to Write a Drafter Resume
A drafter resume template has a few sections. You have to understand the basic format of a resume. How to create a resume for a drafter is explained below:
- You have to show your contact information first.
- To open your resume, you have to include a professional summary or resume objective.
- After that, you can continue with a list of your relevant skills.
- Then, your professional experience must be highlighted on your resume.
- At the end of the resume, you cannot leave out your education.
People also ask
How Do You Make Your Drafting Resume Stand Out?
A drafter job resume will stand out if you consider the following tips. First, you have to include the relevant experience. Besides, you must list the right skills. Then, it will be great to add quantifiable achievements. Next, you are required to put your unique qualities.
What Is Drafter Job Description?
A drafter has the responsibility to create technical drawings to be used in the production of different kinds of products, create plans to be used in different projects of construction, and draw plans for everything from tunnels to buildings to microchips.
What Skills Do You Need to Be a Drafter?
A resume for a drafter should contain your skills. As a drafter, there are a few important qualities you should have. They include time-management skills, technical skills, math skills, interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and creativity.
Are Drafters Happy?
When it comes to happiness, drafters are below average. According to a survey about drafter’s careers, their happiness is only 2.9 out of 5 stars that puts them in the bottom 26% of careers.
Is Drafting a Dying Career?
The drafting career field is still alive & it is booming today with more than 250 thousand of different drafting jobs in the US market over the past two years.
Drafter Resume with No Work Experience
Being a drafter doesn’t always require work experience. However, you should create your resume as impressive as possible. With no work experience, your resume should focus on education. If you have unique skills, don’t forget to emphasize them!
Drafter Resume Template Word
This resume template is easy to customize. With this customizable template, you will be able to create your own resume effortlessly. You just need to customize this resume template based on your qualities so that it meets your needs. If you can match your resume to the job posting, it will stand out.
Drafter Resume for College
This resume is suitable for college students who want to continue their education or apply for a drafting job. This resume uses a chronological format but you can change it into a functional format if you have no work experience.
Resume for Drafter First Job
If this is the first time you apply for a professional job, your resume should still be convincing. You can make your resume impressive by including any awards or certifications and pre-professional or unpaid work experience such as internship, volunteering, etc.
Drafter Resume Sample
This drafter resume sample template can be applied to other jobs. Since it is customizable, you will easily match it with the requirements in the job posting. Make sure that each section is fulfilled honestly.
Drafter Resume Example
Writing a resume is never easy. You may need an example that inspires you. This resume is a simple example that comes with a basic format. You can follow its format & structure but the content must be based on your own qualifications.
Free Drafter Resume Template
You can find a free resume template for a drafter position here. This template is really free to use. So, you don’t need to spend money to get a solid resume template. By following this template, you should demonstrate your strengths that can impress your potential manager.
Whether you are want to enter an entry-level or managerial position, writing a solid resume is a must. When it comes to a drafter resume, we provide you a good example and useful tips here. Hopefully, this can help you to get selected for a job interview.