- 1 How Teens Make a College Student Resume
- 2 College Student Resume Example
- 3 How to Write a College Student Resume
- 4 What Should I Put on My Resume as a College Student?
How Teens Make a College Student Resume
When creating a college student resume, you will need to emphasize your education and work history. You may also demonstrate your skills as well as abilities. Just feel free to include your internships, volunteer work, & other extracurricular activities.
It is important to review what to write in your resume. You may need some tips for writing it highlighting your qualifications. It is also a good idea to download a college student resume template used as a starting point to make your own student resume.
College Student Resume Example
If you need an example, you can pay attention to this below:
111 College Street
State College, PA 22222
English major is looking for using research & writing experience in the Junior Research Associate role at Amanda Student. I’m sure that my fast learning ability, relevant studies, and commitment to succeed make me the most ideal candidate for this position. Awarded some honors based on merits. Expected to graduate with B.A. in English from UCLA in June of 2021.
- A. English / 3.8 GPA
UCLA / LA, CA
Expected Graduation: June 2021
- English / 3.9 GPA
Westwood Community College / LA, CA
- Office Suite
- Proficient at Spanish
- Organization & prioritization
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Time management
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Dean’s list
UCLA / spring and fall 2020
- TAU Sigma Honors Society / UCLA / 2020
- PHI Beta Kappa Honors Society
Westwood CC / 2017
- Literary impacts: Shakespeare / Study Abroad Research Program / England
- Found a thesis based on the socioeconomic ramification of the works of Shakespeare in the Elizabethan era
- Engaged in research spanning three cities in England
- Arranged & conducted interviews with more than 10 individuals, ranging from librarians to historians to actors
- Produced a final paper (6,000 words) with approval from my instructor & the head of UCLA English department
- Beacon Tutor / Westwood Community College / LA, CA
- Worked alongside an professor of English to make & execute lesson plans
- Improved scores of freshmen-level writing by 40 percent through group lessons and supplementary one-on-one tutoring
- Received a 9/10 average score on the tutor reviews given to students each semester
How to Write a College Student Resume
If you want to write your own resume, it is important to know about the proper college student resume format. Here is how to write it in step by step:
- First of all, you should start with your contact information.
- Second of all, you will have to write the objective of your resume.
- Third of all, you need to include your education.
- After that, you are required to highlight your work experience if any.
- Then, don’t forget to list your skills!
- Next, you can make additional sections if needed.
- For the next step, it is important to list your honors & awards.
- Last but not least, you should write your voluntary experience.
People also ask
What Should I Put on My Resume as a College Student?
The following information should be included in your student resume:
You should emphasize your academic history including your school’s name & degree, achievements, awards, and courses.
- Relevant jobs
Here, you need to include jobs or internships where you developed the qualities required for the job you are applying for. You still need to highlight your experiences even though your previous works are not directly related. For example, you can include a previous job as a cashier if it helped you develop skills in leadership or customer service.
- Extracurricular activities
If you have limited work experience, you should emphasize non-work activates. Extracurricular activities like community service, volunteer work, etc. can be highlighted.
- Leadership experience
If you’ve been a captain on a sports team or had leadership responsibilities at your former jobs, make sure that you list these experiences because these show your leadership skills and abilities.
College Student Resume with No Work Experience
Whether you have any experience or not, a resume is very important for a college student to land the first job. If you even cannot list unpaid work experience, you can emphasize other sections such as education, skills, etc.
College Student Resume Template Word
You can find a resume template for a college student in Word format. So, you will be able to easily customize it to fit your needs. So, just feel free to copy it and write your own resume based on your qualifications!
Resume for College Student First Job
In writing such a resume, it is very important to emphasize your education especially if you are seeking the first job. You may include institutions attended, major or area of study, and GPA. If you have work experience, just feel free to swap out work history for your experience that is relevant to the position.
College Student Resume Sample
It is very important to include your relevant skills such as flexibility & adaptability, work ethic, teamwork & collaboration, research, time management, Ms Office, etc. to your resume. For your reference, it will be a good idea to use a college student resume example. It will be very useful and can help you a lot.
College Student Resume Example
The objective of a student resume ideally is to provide the hiring employer with 3 things: Applicable skills, education & experience, an explanation of relevant training. These 3 items should connect to achieve the mission of the company. Usually, the objectives of a resume come in 2 or 3 sentences long.
Free College Student Resume Template
If you are a teen and you want to create a resume you have to thoroughly read the job description first. After that, you should make your contact information obvious, add an objective statement, include relevant section(s), provide figures or facts if possible, and proofread your resume before submitting it!
Writing a college student resume is a very challenging task. So, you have to write it carefully and follow the proper format & structure. The right format can be seen in the example provided above. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.