What Is A Collection Specialist?
A collection specialist has the responsibility to help the lender resolve the overdue bills of a customer. Besides, the job is to collect payments from the individual. Companies now start opening this position because they are running a fintech business. If you are interested in this position, maybe you need to read about how to write a collection specialist cover letter.
What Are The Duties And Responsibilities Of A Collection Specialist?
There are some responsibilities to underline as a collection specialist, such as:
- Tracking the individuals’ accounts to find the overdue bills. The collection specialist must keep the record to help them do the job.
- Contacting the debtors from various media such as phone, email, or even come to the address to have them paid the overdue bills.
- Help the sales department to create updated information about clients’ accounts as well as payments.
- Contacting the customers to encourage the payments and facilitate them in doing this.
- Help the company to process the payments, refund the fund, and adjusting the accounts.
- Do record review and help the company in handling the disputes.
What Are The Requirements To Be A Collection Specialist?
Before you write the collection specialist cover letter, it is important to understand the requirements. You need to have a high school diploma with specialties equal to the collection specialist. If you have passed the college education, this is preferred. Make sure you always put a lot of effort into strengthening the communication, computer, and accounting skills.
How To Write A Collection Specialist Cover Letter?
- Ensure to write a collection specialist cover letter by emphasizing your experience and skills that are related to the position.
- Achieving a relevant skill and experience is the best thing to do to look standout.
The Example Of Collection Specialist Cover Letter
Dear Ms. Paula Abdul,
I am writing this letter to apply for the open position in this company, Collection Specialist in ABC Fund Inc.
I have graduated from accounting from XYZ University with a 3.62 GPA. I have 6 months of experience in handling billing efficiently during my apprenticeship in the HGT Market. I am used to operating the software and programs used in accounting. Besides, I also have computer skills that help me make sure all payments are made and recorded from the right accounts.
My strong ability is to track and monitor accounts. I possess strong communication skills to make calls to customers and remind them about the payment. Also, I keep improving my people skill by attending a speaking course which this will matter when dealing with sensitive matters.
I am willing to follow the company’s regulations and policies as well as following a set of training process if it is needed. If you are interested to discuss this, please don’t hesitate to contact me by phone at (888)899-899. I am looking forward to hearing you.
If you have good negotiation skills and related educational background, then applying for this position will be a good chance to start your career. Write the collection specialist cover letter by emphasizing your relevant skills. Good luck!