Being a center of interest is started from the baby steps. In addition, to be an actor, you have to pass the level of being a beginner actor before being a professional actor. Whether it is an actor to be showed in the TV, cinema, or YouTube serials, the phase of being a beginner actor is a great chance for you who is dreaming to be an actor. The simple start, you may write a beginner actor cover letter to the agent, or talent agency. Nevertheless, before you jump to the big step, below are the thing you should know in advance of your actor career.
Duties of being Beginner Actor
Being a beginner actor is an entry-level prior to being a professional actor. However, their duties are almost the same, here are the duties of beginner actor.
- Attend auditions and casting calls to get a role.
- Read the script, discussing with agents (if any) about the details
- Research the character’s traits and personalities to represent the character better in front of the audiences
- Memorize, rehearse their role lines.
- Perform the role
Key Requirements of Beginner Actor
To seamlessly go through your career path as a beginner actor, you should consider having the following key requirements.
- Memorization skills – important to memorize the main idea of your line. Improvisation is allowed, but a big no to out of context matters.
- Creativity – To be able to improvise well, you have to possess an exquisite quality of creativity. This requirement is also required to explore the role or character you play.
- Persistence – rejection is an ordinary thing, keep motivated and keep going is the key to get the role of beginner actor.
- Reading and Speaking skills – reading scripts and practice them by speaking fluently is a must for either beginner or professional actors.
- Physical stamina – beginner actors often act more than one take. They should endure from the details of their role (make-ups, heavy costumes, and the weather of the taking place).
Composing Beginner Actor Cover Letter
Once consider the above things, now you are to compose the letter. Ensure you put all of the related qualifications within your beginner actor cover letter. Below is the sample you may reuse.
Dear Ms. Sarah Scheinderlin,
I am writing the letter to express my interest in the vacancy of the beginner actor enlisted in the flyers in the city hall board. I feel I would be the perfect fit for the team as I am a fast learner and have good memorization skills.
I am able to adhere to the direction well and I have a high enthusiast of performing arts. I acquired my experience in acting for 2 years as an ad model and supporting role within YouTube serials. However, I realize that working as a beginner actor means I have to work through the ranks and I have no problem with it.
I believe I will bring new energy to the production team. Also, I will bring to a reality of any part that is offered by the NSS production team.
You may contact me anytime to prepare a discussion with me about my talents and attributes that I would fetch to the team. You may reach me by phone at (222)222222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am very excited to hearing from the NSS production team soon.
That is all about the duties and key requirements of being a beginner actor. Compose your beginner actor cover letter professionally to earn you an interview. Good luck.