Composing the letter of application for employment may not be easy but you can make one if you know the right format and you want to learn how. After all, the application letter will be your way to introduce yourself as well as providing information about your qualification and your ability. If you can’t convince the employer, who will hire you?
The Things about Job Application Letter
When it comes to composing the right letter of application for employment, there are some things to know. First of all, there is the so-called job application form which is often mistaken as job application latter. The job application form is coming in the shape of, you guess it, a form instead of a letter (with its paragraph and everything). You only have to fill in the empty space or slot and there you have it.
A job application letter is coming in the form of a letter. So, there should be an opening, the main content, and the closing. You need to be able to compose a pleasant and readable letter. You also need to choose the right wording and language. It is safe to say that composing this kind of letter requires a certain skill. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to do so.
Application Letter Basics
If you check the application for employment format or template, there are some elements to include in them:
- Opening paragraph. This one will function as the introductory paragraph. It introduces you and what position you are interested in. If you enclose a CV, you should mention it here. This is also the paragraph where you provide the information where you get the job ads.
- Second paragraph. This is the paragraph where you provide the details of your skills and experiences. This is also the part where you state the reason that makes you a perfect candidate for the position.
- Third paragraph. This is the section where you provide the reason why you would be a valuable asset. If you have further reasons or convincing, this is the part to do so.
- Closing paragraph. This is the section where you should mention your willingness for further actions, such as interview or further contact. If there are certain times where you won’t be available, state it here.
Some Handy Tips
Although composing the letter should be done in a formal tone and with carefully selected words, it doesn’t hurt to take a look at some handy tips.
- Perform the research of who will be getting the letter. It is the head of HRD? Is the employer or the CEO directly? Is it the owner of the company? If you know the position and the name, and you can address them in your letter, it can be an additional point.
- Make sure that you have the required skills and qualifications for the job
- Be direct and avoid writing in circles. But be courteous and civilized.
Even the small details can be your benefits, because it shows the employers that you are meticulous, thoughtful, and careful. These are the things to know about application for employment letter.