When you write an appeal letter for unemployment disqualification, you will have to read the information that the state unemployment office sends you & precisely follow the appeal instructions. After you complete the required paperwork, you should write a summary of your situation.
What to Include in an Appeal Letter for employment Disqualification?
This kind of letter should contain a few elements mentioned below:
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Social security number
- The representative’s name & mailing address
- The reason why you appeal
- A copy of the decision of your appeal or the date of your decision
How do you get disqualified for Unemployment?
There are a few things that can disqualify you from unemployment in most countries:
- Work-related misconduct
- Misconduct outside work
- Turning down an appropriate job
- Failing a drug test
- Not looking for work
- Being able to work
- Receiving severance pay
- Getting assignments of freelance
How to Make an Appeal Letter for Unemployment
After making a salutation, you should do the following steps:
- State the decision of your appeal clearly.
- Include the date of your decision.
- Make the body of the letter in 1 or 2 paragraphs.
- Create a closing or concluding paragraph in brief.
- Put your signature and name.
Tips to Mae an Appeal Letter for Unemployment
There are some important tips to consider when writing such a letter:
- First, you have to know the elements first.
- Besides, you should decide the model of the letter.
- Then, you need to make an opening statement showing the purpose of this letter.
- In addition, you must be factual. So, you cannot dramatize the situation.
- Moreover, this letter should be specific, too.
- Furthermore, you have to include documentation.
- Next, stick to the point.
- One more, never manipulates the reader.
Appeal Letter for Unemployment Disqualification Sample
If you need a sample, let’s see it below:
Dear Mr. Franky,
I’m appealing the decision to disqualify me from receiving unemployment benefits from your company. I received my disqualification notice on December 15th, 2020. I attach it to this letter. Respectfully, I protest this.
I’ve been dismissed from my current position & denied unemployment benefits because my employer reported that I came very late to the office on December 12th, 2020. She states that my tardiness makes my team very busy and cost the company much money. The fact is that I arrived early. However, I saw that some supplies & equipment weren’t there. So, I left and went to the company warehouse to retrieve the missing items.
I’ve explain to my supervisor but she didn’t hear me. Then, I received an unemployment disqualification a few days later. Through this letter, I ask an opportunity to explain the truth to you. Thank you very much for your consideration.
That is all about an appeal letter for unemployment disqualification should be well-formatted. If this is the first time you face a similar situation, it is your time to write such a letter on your own properly.