If an employee submits a letter of resignation, responding to them with a formal written resignation acceptance is important. In this idea, you have to write an acceptance of a resignation letter. This letter will allow you to acknowledge the receipt of his or her letter and confirm his or her last date of employment in writing.
What is the acceptance of a resignation letter?
When you are writing this letter, you have to know properly about the acceptance of the resignation letter idea. This letter will allow you to express well wishes and communicate other information such as expectations during their notice period or information about the company resignation policy.
How to create an acceptance of resignation letter
Since this letter is a formal way to acknowledge that you accept your employee’s request to resign. You have to write the acceptance of resignation letter format properly. In this idea, you can follow some ideas below to make the letter great to read.
- You have to apply the right formatting and structure to make this letter looking more professional
- You can start your letter by salutation and be direct to accept the resignation from the employee
- You also need to include the final date of the employment and add other information about the next steps or what the expectation will be during the remainder of the time
Tips to write an acceptance of resignation letter
Furthermore, you also need some tips to make this acceptance of resignation letter template well. Here are some of the tips to follow:
- You have to keep your letter short and to the point
- You also need to use the right subject line
- Use professional language with a formal and professional tone. If you finished, you can proofread thoroughly to avoid any mistakes
The example of an acceptance of a resignation letter
Besides, you should not worry if you never write this letter because you can read the acceptance of a resignation letter example that will guide you to write the letter. This example will lead you to write the letter very well.
This is an example of the letter:
It is with regret that I allow the receipt of your letter dated January 1, 2018, resigning your position as Assistant Designer. Your resignation has been approved and per your request, your final day of work will be January 5, 2018.
It has been a pleasure to work with you for the last four years, and I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Along with this letter, I also include additional information about the resignation process.
If you have any questions about the enclosed information or the process in general, please do not hesitate to contact me or human resources. Thank you again for your hard work.
Mr. Abram F. Lin
This acceptance of the resignation letter will be great if you really understand about the letter. You only need to give good grammatical and spelling to avoid any misunderstanding to read this letter.